< Back to All News

Alta Sierra Home Escapes Major Fire Damage

A dryer fire inside a residential structure was contained to the dryer around 3 o’clock on Sunday afternoon in the Alta Sierra area.  The occupant was at home in the 17900 Block of Alexandra Way, in Alta Sierra. The fire started and was able to extinguish most of the fire upon arrival of fire units.  The dryer was removed from the residence and full extinguishment of the clothing within the dryer was completed.  Firefighters removed the smoke from the house and had to remove a small area of sheetrock in the laundry room to make sure the fire did not travel into the attic area or nearby walls.

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment

*

*

* captcha