Cal Fire is warning residents with real christmas trees to take precautions to avoid fires. CalFire Spokesperson Daniel Berlant says last year three hundred fires were reported in living room dining room and dens because the decorations were to close to a heat source. Berlant says in just seconds a tree can be fully engulfed in flames. He says watering the tree will lower the fire danger and not using candles near the tree is a must.
Click here to listen to Public Information Officer, Daniel Berlant
Berlant says checking your tree daily will help the tree from drying out and save a family from a diaster. He says keeping a live or a artifical tree at least three feet from a heat source is a must.