Building a better nonprofit begins at the top – developing effective leadership that can deal with common and critical issues and establish long-term plans.
The Center for Nonprofit Leadership will hold There Must Be an Easier Way: Tools and Tricks of Effective Leadership workshop 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26, at the United Methodist Church, 236 S. Church Street in Grass Valley. Flour Garden Bakery & Cafe is sponsoring the w
Board members Gail Johnson Vaughan and Karen Marinovich, who have a combined 60-plus years with nonprofits, will facilitate the four-hour workshop.
Deadline for registration is Monday, Oct. 22. Register online at http://cnlsierra.org/workshops/upcoming-workshops/ or download the PDF flier and registration form and mail in the payment. The cost is $50 for Center for Nonprofit leadership members and $60 for non-members.
Johnson Vaughan, executive director of Mission Focused Solutions and the former head of Sierra Forever Families, received the 2011 Purpose Prize Fellow, a national award given to social entrepreneurs 60 years or older who use their experience to make an extraordinary impact on society’s biggest challenges.
Marinovich, who has 40 years of leadership experience in the private sector and nonprofits, is an engineer and conducts training seminars for a trade association. She has extensive experience in business systems analysis and development, tools for strategic planning fund development, stewardship and other key functions.
The workshop will cover six key areas:
- The Six Thinking Hats: Get everyone — board members, the executive director and staff — on the same page, involved and working together with a different way of thinking and learn how to discuss critical issues.
- Taking stock of your stewardship model: Learn tools for developing and evaluating a successful mission-focused organization from the perspective of the staff, board and donors.
- The Logic Model: An easy-to-understand method for explaining and utilizing this model in program planning.
- Planning for the Future: Learn how to use the Logic Model to stay focused on the mission during the program planning process.
- Project Management: A simple tool to keep projects or special events on target.
- The Six Word Story: Tell your organization’s story in six words or less – basically, the ultimate elevator pitch.
About The Center for Nonprofit Leadership
The Center for Nonprofit Leadership is a resource center for nonprofit organizations and individuals in Nevada County and the Sierra Nevada region of California. Founded in 2003 as a catalyst to strengthen and sustain local nonprofit organizations, CNL focuses on best practice workshops, executive leadership seminars, on-site coaching and mentoring, and public advocacy. You can learn more about The Center for Nonprofit Leadership online at www.CNLSierra.org. The Center is on Facebook www.facebook.com/NevadaCountyNonProfitLeadership and Twitter @NevCoNonprofits.