< Back to All News

Fire Department Responds to Gas Leak On Banner Mountain

Earlier   yesterday afternoon  around 4 o’clock    Nevada County Consolidated Fire responded to a reported gas leak at a home in the 12-thousnd block of Red Dog Road   Nevada County Consolidated Battalion Chief Mark Buttron says a landscaper who was doing some digging in the yard of the property got a surprise when he accidentally dug into a gas line feeding into the house. Firefighters could not cap it and had to call Pg and E.

Click here to listen to Battalion Chief Mark Buttron

Traffic on Red Dog road was getting around the Fire Trucks and PG and Crews slowly.  Firefighters had cleared the home of gas fumes and made sure the power was off.  The homeowners were away for the day and no one was home when the accident occurred.Gas-Leak

Leave A Comment

captcha