< Back to All News

Grass Valley Dentist Office Catches Fire

A lot of fire trucks with sirens blaring responded to Catherine Lane in front of Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital this morning. Grass Valley Battalion Chief Mark Burttron says smoke was coming from a Dentist’s Office in one of the professional buildings.

“We received a call for a commercial structure fire here at 152 Catherine Lane. One of the occupants opened the door and was confronted with some black smoke. We arrived, myself and truck 2 from a station up the hill with light smoke showing from the second floor.”

The smoke was coming from an overheated fish tank in the dental offices of Doctors Preece and Clove. Chief Burton says no flames erupted but smoke damage will result in the dental offices being closed for a week.  Other businesses in the building were not damaged and the tropical fish were being transferred to another container as firefighters finished their cleanup.

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment

*

*

* captcha