< Back to All News

Mill Springs Drive House Fire

A 911 call to report a house filling with smoke drew quick response from fire officials yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.  They received the call about noon and Nevada County Consolidated Fire Chief, Tim Fike says within minutes, fire crews were on their way to the reported location on Mill Springs Drive off of Pasquale Road, east of Nevada City.

“When we have fire weather conditions like we are currently, and then when on top of that, it’s a structure fire, we have the normal response for a structure and then CalFire’s response for a wild land. So you’re going to have at least four engines from Consolidated and another three to four from CalFire.”

Within 5 minutes of arrival firefighters determined that the source was a burnt sponge in the homeowners brand new microwave and there was no major damage.  The occupant of the house  says she was disinfecting the sponge and  thought she had programmed the microwave for one minute but she had programmed in one hour.

“I’m just very glad the outcome was a burnt sponge in the microwave and it’s just an embarrassment for one and a happy ending for everybody.”

Firefighters from Nevada County consolidated, Grass Valley and Cal Fire responded to the call.     

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment

*

*

* captcha