Heavy wind and rains is wreaking havoc on Nevada County Roads and Weather related power outages plague customers throughout county. Creeks and ditches are overflowing causing flooding in many areas.
The Nevada County Office of Emergency Services would also like to remind residents that free sand and sandbags are available. The permanent location is next to the Nevada County Warehouse on the corner of Highway 49 and East Broad St. in Nevada City. Beginning Wednesday, sand and sandbags will also be available at the North San Juan Fire Station #1 and the Higgins Fire Station #21.
USC Supply has Sandbags for sale: 913-5600
Sunday Power Outages as of 12:45 PM:
2 outage(s) affecting 1600 customer(s)
2 outage(s) affecting 341 customer(s)
Sweetland- North San Juan:
2 outage(s) affecting 440 customer(s)
2 outage(s) affecting 48 customer(s)
5 outage(s) affecting 425 customer(s)
4 outage(s) affecting 104 customer(s)
2 outage(s) affecting 152 customer(s)
3 outage(s) affecting 55 customer(s)
1 outage(s) affecting 136 customer(s)
1. La Barr Meadows Rd- right by Sierra plumbing- Power line down on roadway… stay clear.
2. Brunswick Rd and Idaho Maryland
3. Highway 49- Carriage Way Tree Across highway- slow or no traffic getting through.
4. Highway 20 in Penn Valley Large Branch across highway… do not try to under it- branch taking out windshield.
5. Rock slide Highway 49 north of Nevada City
6. 174 tree down leaning on side of road with a car underneath it.
7. Tinloy St in Grass Valley west bound closed… flooding repair
8. Hanly and Regan tree and power pole down
9. Flooding Wolfe Creek though Grass Valley- Sutton Idaho-Maryland
10. Hughes Rad and East Main
11. Rocks and debris on East Main from Hughes to the roundabout
12 Olympic Mobile Park behind Grocery Outlet
13 Squirrel Creek flooded at both ends of Penn Valley Rd.
14. Flooding at Dorsey and Sutton
15. Black Rd and McDaniel Power line down
16. Pleasant Valley Rd and Branding Iron is flooded and closed to traffic
17 .Buck Ridge Rd near Dog Bar and Tiger Tail Road in Grass Valley – power lines down.
18. Flooding Pleasant Valley Rd and Mcland ct… road closed