< Back to All News

Burn Permits Required For Residential Burning

Today marks the beginning of permitted burning in the CALFIRE Nevada Yuba Placer Unit. Public Information Officer Mary Eldridge says as of 8:00 AM permits are required and one of the ways to get them is online.

Listen to Mary Eldridge

Eldridge says you can still get permits through your local fire station as well. Permits are good for two years. There is some training that goes with the online application.

Mary Eldridge

Residential burns should only include green waste and debris that is onsite. No garbage, lumber, or refuse from other lots should be burned. All piles should be no larger than 4ft by 4ft, be on land that has been cleared to bare dirt, and supervised by an adult. Eldridge says CALFIRE has already seen fires that appear to be burning on green grass.

Mary Eldridge

A water source and shovel should also be on hand in case a fire starts growing. Property owners will be charged for any fire services required because of an escaped burn pile.

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment



* captcha