< Back to All News

Burn Permits Required May First

It’s another indication that fire season is near. Cal Fire’s Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit will start requiting burn permits on Saturday, which is also May first. That’s for residential vegetative material pile burning, such as leaves, pine needles, and tree trimmings. And it can only be done on permissive burn days, so you should check with the Air Quality Management District. Burn permits can be obtained online at “burn permit fire-dot-ca-dot-gov”.

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment



* captcha