< Back to All News

Inattentive Cooking Causes Grass Valley Home Fire

Fire caused major damage to a Grass Valley area home over the weekend. Deputy Fire Marshall Terry McMahan says it was reported Saturday afternoon on Caroline Way, where a second, smaller home on the property, adjacent to the main home was estimated to be about 50-percent involved. He says the blaze was knocked down fairly quickly and contained in less than an hour…

click to listen to Terry McMahan

McMahan says it looks like the fire started in the kitchen area…

click to listen to Terry McMahan

The occupant was the son of the property owner. McMahan says they were able to salvage some items and the unit, which consisted of a garage on the ground floor and the living area on the second floor, can eventualy be re-built.

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment

*

*

* captcha