Nevada City Police responded to the Crazy Horse Saloon around 9 o’clock last night on a report of a hazardous spill. Sgt Paul Rhode says when they arrived patrons were already starting to evacuate the building.
The Fire Department and Environmental health also responded and the scene was secured and the bar evacuated as they waited for Environmental health to arrive for cleanup.
No one appears to have gotten ill from the Mercury. At this point police will be reviewing some video footage to try to identify who dumped and how the mercury got dumped onto the bar.