Only 235 customers without power now. Originally a power outage west of Grass Valley had 7590 customers without power. The affected area includes Penn Valley, Rough and Ready, Lake Wildwood, and Browns Valley. The outage began around 11:09 AM. No cause has been determined. Estimation of restoration time is 2:15 PM.
Update 12:15- Power Outage West of Grass Valley
More from my site
KNCO Web Comments Guidelines
- Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
- Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
- Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
- Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
- No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
- The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.
This has been happening way too much lately & there never seems to be an explanation for it.
I agree this seems to be a very frequent issue in Rough and Ready... I am always resetting my clocks.
I remember we had power outages for 5 to 6 days years ago. It's going to happen. We've been lucky in that the weather has been mild.