Serves 4 to 6
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter – 1/2 stick
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in ½-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted coconut or chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add the pineapple and its juice and cook and stir until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve warm over vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle with optional coconut or macadamia nuts.