This is an adaptation by Joel Robuchon of a classic French favorite. It can be made a day ahead of serving.
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup crème fraîche or whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium celery root, about 1 pound
- 1 tart apple, such and Granny Smith, quartered and cored
- Whisk together lemon juice, mustard and crème fraîche. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut tops off celery root, quarter and peel. Use a hand grater or food processor to coarsely grate or cut into fine julienne. Add to the dressing and toss until well coated.
- Coarsely grate the apple and add to the celery root. Toss to coat evenly. Taste for seasoning. Cover tightly and refrigerate until serving.