< Back to All News

Sutton Way DMV Office Re-Opens Following Gas Leak

Grass Valley Fire Department  was called out to the DMV Building on Sutton Way around 7:15 this morning to a report of  the smell of smoke in the building.  Battalion Chief Jim Turner says crews searched the building but did not detect anything amiss so they cleared the scene. A little later, firefighters were  were called back.
Click here to listen to Chief Jim Turner

All of the employees and citizens in the DMV building were evacuated and Firefighters worked with PG and E to find the problem.
Click here to listen to Chief Jim Turner

They believe the problem  was coming from a heating and air conditioning unit on the roof of the building.  Once they gave the all clear employees  were allowed back into the building and DMV was re-opened to the public.

KNCO Web Comments Guidelines

  1. Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
  2. Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
  3. Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
  4. Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
  5. No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
  6. The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.

Leave A Comment



* captcha