Talked with Nevada Union softball coach, Kelly Boren, this morning about his team’s victory over Lincoln on Monday. The Lady Miners, like the rest of the school, were shocked and saddened by the loss of Mr. Zetterberg, who died suddenly of a heart attack this past weekend. Coach Boren said the girls were very solemn, and maybe not ready to play a game…when they came together and decided to dedicate the game and their performance to Coach Zetterberg..and put “Z’s” on their arms as a tribute. (Nice picture in the Union sports page). And what a tribute…a 6-0 win with two pitchers throwing a one hitter and everyone contributing to the victory! Amazing what can happen when a team comes together…even in difficult times.
More from my site
KNCO Web Comments Guidelines
- Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
- Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
- Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
- Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
- No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
- The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.
To Tom Fitzsimmons. My daughter was a teacher's aid for Craig Zetterberg's class while a senior at N.U. We (Denise & I) talked to her after she had learned of his passing and she could not hold back the tears. He made quite an impact on nearly all who had known him. N.U. has lost a great man.