North San Juan residents have been evacuated because of a rapidly growing wildfire that began Wednesday afternoon. It’s scorched at least 250 acres, with 4 structures destroyed. It began near Highway 49 and Pleasant Valley Road, south of North San Juan and was last reported to be 10% contained. The rate of spread has slowed down, according to Air Attack. All roads between Highway 49 and Oak Tree Road, north of Tyler Foote Road, are under mandatory evacuation orders. Highway 49 is closed at Sweetland Road and Tyler Foote Road. An evacuation center has been opened at First Baptist Church, on Ridge Road in Grass Valley. Pets can also be left at the Nevada County Fairgrounds.
Wildfire And Evacuations North San Juan
More from my site
KNCO Web Comments Guidelines
- Keep it clean. Comments with inappropriate language, no matter how cleverly spelled or decorated will not be posted.
- Comments on the way the story was written or misspelled words will be passed on to the story authors and not posted.
- Please use your real name. Anonymous comments or comments posted using a fake name or web handle may not be posted.
- Please use your real email address so we can contact you.
- No flaming. Any comments that are primarily of a name calling finger pointing nature may not be posted.
- The comment section is not a right it is a privilege. KNCO retains all rights as to what is posted on its website.
West coast equine sports therapy in peen valley is taking in any farm/ranch animals. Please share
Looking for son in North San jaun California. His name is James "onion" Baskin